When we realized Beau had a dairy problem he already had a skin rash, pretty intense discomfort, green mucous filled stools, and a rash on his bum that was a very typical circular allergy diaper rash. That was on the 16th, 9 days ago, we have taken a fast paced crash course in going 100% dairy free for me and today was our first bowel movement that was back to regular seedy newborn yellow!!! I am expecting the diapers to fluctuate a bit between yellow and the yucky green since I did have a few oopsies, like not realizing nuggets contained milk and non-dairy creamer still contains whey.
The only down side is now I get to trouble shoot our cloth diapers. We use one size pockets that are a 100% cotton fleece inner with a PUL outer shell, 100% cotton microfiber soakers, and 100% cotton prefolds as a doubler (they work great when you stuff a diaper with one prefold on top of one soaker with the prefold closet to the baby in the pocket). When we pull the prefolds out of the dryer it feels like they have a nasty soap scum residue. For a dirty diaper we use the diaper sprayer to get the poop off of the fleece inner and then spray any staining with Bac-out (this: http://www.amazon.com/Bac-Out-Foaming-Action-Sprayer-Ounces/dp/B001OI0YWG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377455959&sr=8-1&keywords=biokleen+bac+out) and rinse at the next diaper change. We do a load of diapers somewhere between every day and every other day. I put the diapers in the washing machine while it fills I use two TBS of rocking green (this kind: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003N0JXUW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1) I do an extra rinse after the cycle runs and then place them into the dryer, we use dryer balls (four of these kind: http://www.amazon.com/Honey-Can-Do-DRY-01116-Dryer-Balls-2-Pack/dp/B002LGWKKO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1377456232&sr=8-3&keywords=dryer+balls) and dry them on the medium setting. When the dryer stops we pull them and stuff the diapers to put away for use. I am going to try stripping them with apple cider vinegar in the next wash cycle and see if that helps. I hope my prefolds aren't ruined, but we shall see! Until next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment